Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 389

Thread: Your stuff?

  1. #331
    Inactive Member Lee Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2004
    Posts
    1,253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry pete, I completely misread what you originally said about drop the cymbals and bass drum. Now I understand. Thanks. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  2. #332
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No prob, Rudy.

    I have the feeling you are
    going to kick my butt right
    out of this thread, Rudy!

    [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Wow! I just noticed that it
    has over 9000 hits! Wow!

    Well, it should. We should
    actually have no problem
    getting up to 20,000, ex-
    changing ideas and helping
    each other!

    It's also great attaching
    the sounds with the words.

    Kill me, Rudy!!

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  3. #333
    Inactive Member Lee Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2004
    Posts
    1,253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lol pete, I ain't about to kick anyones butt. If I lived in USA, I would come over for lessons from you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 24, 2004 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Rudy_Ment ]</font>

  4. #334
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Rudy,

    Consider the teacher, Conexion
    Latina and Eddie Palmieri.

    They showed me a new world. You
    are going to sound better than
    me on these tracks! You wait
    and see!

    The fun is only JUST beginning!

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  5. #335
    Inactive Member Manu11's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2003
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hey peter, do you have any latin roots??

    I'am just curious...

  6. #336
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My parents are from the Dominican
    Republic but I was born in NYC and
    while I have family etc. I was not
    into the Latin music scene at all,
    until a couple of years ago, when
    I started to listen to Eddie Palm-
    ieri and that started it all.

    When I was younger, I wanted to be
    a ball-player, like every Dominin-
    ican. It's true! An injury changed
    that but interestingly enough, it
    was an injury that led to my play-
    ing open (leading with my left-
    hand) and what I found was this
    facility for Latin - at least in
    my mind. I don't think it's that
    I have 'the blood' or something
    like that but some people think
    it matters. Honestly, I think that
    anyone can do it and I am just
    starting all this. This kick is
    only a couple years old.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  7. #337
    Inactive Member Manu11's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2003
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I used to live in Washington heights in NYC. Lot's of Dominicans there, although you certainly don't look like them at all..... [img]confused.gif[/img]

  8. #338
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There are the Euro-strain and
    the Haitian strain, Manu. Maybe
    you knew the Haitians.

    I actually look pretty Dominican,
    by the standard. You should see
    my extended family. My father is
    one of 20 children, by the same
    mom. Yup. That's right!

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 24, 2004 10:59 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  9. #339
    Inactive Member Lee Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2004
    Posts
    1,253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    20! wow [img]eek.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 24, 2004 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Rudy_Ment ]</font>

  10. #340
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have stories you would not
    believe but that's digressing.

    How about the next take of the
    grooving "Zapata", Rudy?! I'm
    dying to hear it.

    Take each section, all of it,
    step by step. Actually, just
    from what I have heard thus
    far, you are doing just that.

    I like that a lot. That's how
    you get things down quick. I
    have found that it really is
    an aid to compartmentalize
    what we hear - separating it
    and evaluating the difficulty.

    Before you know it, you're
    flying through tunes like
    Dennis does. These tunes can
    help you do that more and
    more, Rudy.

    You can tell that I'm excited
    for you. Go for it!

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •